Ads 468x60px

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Van Persie defends Euro exit

Holland international content with life in London and at Arsenal



Arsenal talisman Robin van Persie insists their defeat against AC Milan in the UEFA Champions League was not a "glorious failure".

The Gunners lost 4-0 in the San Siro but performed valiantly at the Emirates where they raced to a three-goal half-time lead but were unable to find that all-important fourth.It meant they were beaten 4-3 on aggregate but the Dutch striker was only interested in extracting the positives from the display.

"The way we played at the Emirates was brilliant, we played so well, we gave everything - we wanted it so badly everyone could see that. So it was a special night."Van Persie is enjoying a fruitful campaign and has gleaned 32 goals so far. The talented forward has always shown glimpses of his ability, but due to an injury free term he is beginning to show it now on a regular basis.

He added: "I always had the feeling that it was in there but for various reasons I couldn't show it."Maybe it was my age and sometimes I was injured. It's great to be finally showing that I can do it. That's what I've always wanted. I am happy in my game, happy in my life." - http://www1.skysports.com



0 comments:

Post a Comment