Ads 468x60px

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Jarvis has England ambitions


Jarvis: Recovered from injury
Jarvis: Recovered from injury
West Ham winger Matt Jarvis hopes playing well regularly for the Hammers will lead to an England recall.

 Jarvis, 26, made his international debut against Ghana last year but has yet to add to that single cap - something he hopes will changes after joining West Ham from Wolves for a club record fee of £10.75million.
Jarvis has so far only made two appearances for Sam Allardyce's side since his summer move due to a thigh injury, but is fit to face Sunderland this weekend at Upton Park.
"You have to play well for your club and play regularly to be called up for your country and that is exactly what I want to do," he told West Ham TV.
"The squad we have is very strong and everyone is fighting for a place in the starting eleven. I am no different and I need to prove myself if I want to be starting week in, week out.
"Unfortunately I picked up a slight thigh injury in training, which has forced me to miss the last couple of weeks, but I am fully recovered now and I am delighted to be back in the squad and back on the pitch."
Despite Jarvis' absence, West Ham have enjoyed a successful start to life back in the Premier League.
The Hammers have picked up two wins and a draw from their four opening matches, with Saturday's 0-0 at Norwich leaving them eighth in the standings.
"I think the manager has got exactly what he wanted with us having a good start and hopefully we can keep the run going this weekend," Jarvis added.
"We had plenty of chances against Norwich and maybe we should have put one of ours away.
"It would have been nice to get the win but it was very hot, which took it out of everyone involved.
"There were a lot of chances for both sides but it didn't fall right for either one. Overall I was just pleased to be involved in the game and happy to be back."

0 comments:

Post a Comment